July 26, 2012

2012 California Road Trip (Day 1)

Even since my first 2 visits in 2008 and 2009, I had always wanted to take a serious fishing-focused trip in California. The biodiversity in the saltwater environments surrounding this state had a strong grip on my species-hunting mind. When plans to visit Nunavut fell flat this summer, I saw the opportunity to finally take a serious run at the species of California. This trip originally incorporated a few days of job searching and interviews. However, even those evaporated when companies are reluctant to interview someone who has not graduated. This thus left me with even more fishing time than expected.

My flight left YYZ at 10am. I left home early enough that I spent most of the time on the plane sleeping. By the time I woke up, we were just 10 minutes from the Grand Canyon. This was the second time I saw the Grand Canyon from the plane. I was still in awe.

A little further past the Grand Canyon, we flew over the Mohave Desert.

Just minutes from landing, we passed over the San Gabriel Mountains.

After landing, I met my aunt at the airport and we had a quick lunch before picking up my rental car. We drove to my cousin’s apartment, picked her up after work and went for dinner. I went to bed early since there was a long day ahead. I had a little trouble sleeping since the excitement of the next day’s fishing was swirling in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment